Let me guide you through our checklist for effortless and fast CSV imports!
To begin with, make sure your CSV file includes column headers, as well as a line per product.
Then, in the CSV import window:
- The CSV file is loaded and selected (on an orange background)
- A line per column header is displayed - otherwise check the field/value separators
- Make sure the column headers match the database fields
- All necessary options are selected
- The mapping configuration is named and saved so you can reuse it later on
- The mapping name is selected in the top panel (optional but compulsory for CRON tasks)
- Then check the product identifier is correct and present in the mapping
- The action for new products is selected
- The action for existing products is selected
- The supplier is selected (if used)
- The option 'Force UTF8' is ticked/unticked to keep your accentuated characters
- If you are creating categories, the option is ticked
- If you are creating elements such as combination attributes, feature values, manufacturers, suppliers or tags, the option is ticked
- Remplace the number of lines (default 500) by the number of lines of your files
- The auto-import option is configured if the file is of a large size
- A summary of your import configuration is displayed in real-time in this panel, allowing you to check everything is correct one last time before starting your import.
- You are now ready! Start the import by clicking on the 'Import Data' icon